Sunday, August 8, 2010

I should have kissed you....or not

I met George on an online dating site. I was trying to distract myself from the Donnie situation. We chat online and I give him my number and email address. We text and email the next day. We cover the basic getting to know you questions. He seemed liked a cool guy. We were trying to make plans to go out that weekend but our schedules didn’t work. We decide to meet up that night at a place by my house.

I get there first and grab a seat at the bar. George arrives a few minutes later and he really doesn’t look like his pictures. I have to feel chemistry instantly and I didn’t feel it with George. It’s not all about looks either. For me there just has to be that spark. We chat and he’s a nice guy but definitely not for me. I end the date as early as possible without being rude. He walks me to my car. I give him a quick courtesy hug and get in my car immediately.

On my way home I get a text from him that said he was thinking he should have kissed me. I didn’t respond. A little later I get another one that says or not..lol. I gave no indication I wanted a kiss and I’m glad he didn’t try.

The next day before I even get a chance to email him to tell him I’m not interested he emails me. I politely tell him he’s seems like a good guy but I didn’t feel chemistry. He was very adult about it and told me thanks for letting him know right away. Honesty truly is the best policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment