Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy Medium

I met Juan Carlos online. He had messaged me saying how pretty he thought I was. We emailed back and forth for awhile and he asked for my number. We text and then talked on the phone. He seemed like a cool guy and had a sexy accent. He was from Peru and spoke Spanish. After about a week or so he asked me on a date.

We met at McCoy’s in Westport. In his online profile he said he was 6’1”. He was probably about 5’9”. I don’t get why guys lie about this. When I met a guy I’m going to notice that if he’s shorter than me. That was strike one. He seemed nice enough. My friends Lora and Brian were in Westport too so they met up with us. Juan Carlos mentioned to Brian that he was going outside to smoke. Brian passed the information along to me since he knows I don’t like dating smokers. Juan Carlos said he wouldn’t smoke if I didn’t want him to. I told him he could do whatever he wanted. This was strike two. The rest of the night went along fine. He did mention he had trouble understanding Lora. He said she talked too fast.

When we were leaving Juan Carlos asked me to go to a movie the next day. I told him I was busy and had volleyball. He wanted to come watch me play volleyball. I explained I thought it was too soon for that. He then asked if I wanted to go out Monday night and then Tuesday night. I told him I wasn’t sure yet. He called me the next day but I didn’t answer. I felt he came on too strong. He text me the next day and I text him back letting him know I wasn’t interested.

Where’s the happy medium? They either come on too strong or show interest but then fall off the face of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment