Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Overnight Bag

I met Sam on a dating website. He sent me a message and I replied. He seemed like a nice guy although a bit young for me. We exchanged emails back and forth and talked on the phone a few times. We set up a date to meet at a restaurant in Zona Rosa. He was cute and we had plenty to talk about. He worked with children so we had that in common. I was a bit leery because he was only 25 and lived with his parents. He was going back to school to obtain his teaching degree, which is something else we had in common. I decide to give him a chance.

When it comes time to pay the bill he suggested we split it but he would make it up to me. I’m all for women’s liberation but I think the guy should pay on the first date. We split the bill. He walks me to my car and I let him kiss me good night.

We text back and forth over the next few days and make a date for Friday night. He wants to come pick me up and I agree. He shows up with some wine and daisies, my favorite flower. We have a few glasses of wine before we head to Edokko (http://www.edokkokc.com) a nearby sushi restaurant. The sushi was absolutely fabulous. Our conversation is flowing and we are getting along well. He’s a nice guy but a little odd. He tells me he has ADHD so if he seems a bit distracted at times that is why. He did flit around from subject to subject a bit. I was still having a good time though. We even sat on the same side of the booth. Usually, I think this is cheesy but it was cute.

We go back to my house and just hung out for a bit. We were sitting on the couch, he kisses me, and offers to give me a back rub. Of course I can’t refuse a free back massage. This in turn leads to more kissing. He’s turning to get further but I’m not having it. I’m not a prude but it was only our second date. At this point it’s about 1 am or so. I mention that I should be getting to sleep soon. He’s like OK, let me get my bag. I’m very confused by this. This is pretty much our conversation

Me “Your bag?”
Sam, “Yeah, I brought my overnight bag with my contact stuff.”
Me “You’re staying here?”
Sam, “Yeah, if it’s cool.”
Me “That’s probably not a good idea.”
Sam, “Fine, can at least take my contacts out?”
Me, “umm, ok.”

So he goes to his car and brings in his overnight bag. He goes in the bathroom takes out his contacts and puts his glasses. He’s storming around and is acting mad so I ask if he’s upset. As he’s walking out the door he says, “I just love getting the boot.”

The next day he deletes me from Facebook. I don’t think I was being unreasonable. I thought it was very odd to show up with an overnight bag and assume he could stay the night. I guess since he brought me flowers he thought he was going to get lucky. Guess he thought wrong.

1 comment:

  1. oh my GOD. hilarious! i dated a guy once that after a couple weeks of dating was going to leave his toothbrush at my place.

    ReplyDelete